I have tried so many home workouts, like, sooo many. The first few days are great and then I lose motivation to keep going. But the 30 Day Real Time Challenge from BodyRock has been program I actually stick with and even look forward to doing (at least after a few days of doing it)…and see major results from. I used this to get ready for my wedding and honestly I have never been more toned and confident.
The trainer, LisaMarie, does the entire workout with you and encourages you just like an in person coach would. Her adorable British accents, #goal body, and the fact that she’s sweating along side me really makes me feel like we’re in this together and I can’t quite even when I realllly want to.
LisaMarie demonstrates the weight portion of the workout while you skip (jumprope) for 30 seconds; when the timer goes off you switch to the weighted exercise and she skips. And then it’s rinse and repeat for 40+ roundssssssss.
Yes, these are longer workouts than you’re probably used to with at home guides and I realize it’s a big commitment to spend 30-60 mins working out, but just think about the time it would take you to get dressed, drive to the gym, workout and drive home. It’s the same if not less time than you would spend.
Also, LisaMarie spends time encouraging you before and after each workout, so while a workout may look like its 60 mins, it’s probably less.
The equipment I use:
- Medicine Ball – 10 lbs (I use this for some of the sandbag drills)
- Workout Gloves – If you’re going to be using semi heavy weights, it’s really good to get some gloves to protect your hands. These are the ones I have.
- Dumb bells – 3, 5, 10 lbs
- Jump rope; my jump rope broke, so I run in place or run on the treadmill during my cardio time.
- Balance Ball – This is the one I have.
- Be creative with equipment if you don’t have something she uses. I use my weighted medicine ball for a lot of things in place of sandbags and weighted plates.
- Modify! Just do what you can. 🙂
- Blast your fav music…it just makes everything better
- Fit it in whenever. Finding time to workout is always tough especially in quarantine when many of us are home with kids. Also, I’m totally fine letting the kids catch up on a show while I workout. I’m a better mom because I’ve done something for myself.
- Use the skipping time to catch your breath after an intense weighted exercise or to push your cardio when you get to a set of abs.
Really use the rest days to recover when you get started, but also try some of these workouts to stretch and add a little bit of an ‘active rest’, as LisaMarie calls it.
- Tone it Up – Bikini Yoga Flow
- Boho Beautiful – Total Body Yoga Flow | Morning Yoga Class: Awaken
- MadFit – 15 Minute Cool Down Stretch (can be used any time)
Let me know what you guys think and if you try it!!
I’ve created a printable calendar as well as one with the links embedded to make it easy to keep track of the work out. Scroll to the bottom of the post to download.
BodyRock 30 Day Real Time Challenge Playlist
Day #6 – Rest!
Day #13 – Rest!
Day #14 – Rest!
Day #19 – Rest!
Day #20 – Rest!
Day #21 – Rest!
Day #27 – Rest
Day #28 – Rest
Day #30 – 58 Mins 🌟 You Did It!!!! 🌟