These cute little pumpkin pies are so easy to make and a fun kid-friendly activity on a cold fall afternoon. I used pre-made organic pie crust, but if you have time, homemade crust is ideal.
To tell you the truth, I’ve never been a huge fan of pumpkin pie. If you feel the same, I think you will pleasantly surprised by how good (and easy) these are. I said, “WOW, I can’t believe these are SO good!” so many times Ton’ and my mom were rolling their eyes all afternoon! 😂
Mini Pumpkin Pies Inspired by The Joy of Cooking
- 2-3 large organic eggs (we used 3 for a soft and custardy filling; 2 will give you a firmerpie with a more pronounced pumpkin flavor)
- 2 cups organic canned pumpkin puree or freshly cooked pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups light cream or evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Premade pie crust (I like Immaculate Bakery Baking Pie Crust) or your favorite homemade pie crust.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat to 375°f. If using premade pie crust, remove from packaging. It’s easiest to use/shape when crust is room temp.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until thoroughly combined
- Mix in the pumpkin puree, milk, sugar, brown sugar, and spices. Set aside, while prepping crusts.
- Slowly unroll the pie crust – ensure it’s at room temperature so it doesn’t break. If it does, carefully massage dough back together and smooth. Lightly butter cupcake tins. I used coconut oil, but use whatever you would typically use to butter your baking dishes
Use a cup slightly larger than the cupcake tins to cut circles in the pie crust.
- Gently place the dough in the cupcake cups and press down lightly.
- When all cups are full, place in oven until dough is warm to the tough, but not browned.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into each cup and bake until the filling seems set but quivery, like gelatin, when the pan is nudged, about 25-35 minutes. Let cool completely on a rack, this refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Serve cold with a dollop of homemade whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon on top.
Want more mini pie recipes? Check out these adorable mini apple pies from Live Well Bake Often. Also check out this Good Housekeeping review of store bought pie crusts.
Hope you love making these as much as we did!